Re: Added a bunch of GDK routines.

Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net> writes:

>    * gdk_gc_new_with_values (because the individual field setters and
>      gdk_gc_new are fully sufficient and convenient).

Personally I'd found individual set calls a bit tedious, and instead
made myself a keyword version, eg.

    (c-gdk-gc-new-with-attrs (gtk-widget-window draw)
			      #:foreground      cross-colour
			      #:exposures       #f
			      #:line-attributes '(1 on-off-dash butt miter))

I think the individual calls get combined at the X level, so I guess
there's nothing lost by not having a with_values variant.

GdkGCValues might still have a use for gtk_gc_get, though I don't know
whether that function can be made to work.  I guess the GdkGC returned
would have to know to call gtk_gc_release.

>  - guile-gtk.[ch]: Made xmalloc and xrealloc non-static

Might be prudent to rename them to sgtk_something.

I guess it might be nice to use scm_malloc to gc if out of memory, but
I'm not smart enough to know if that'd cause subtle problems.