Re: Fixed memory leaks in gdk-1.2.defs

Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net> writes:

>  - The arrow notation is more descriptive and idiomatic.

The type names in mixed case don't appear in any function names
currently though do they?  Isn't it normally gtk-color-something?

>  - The "intern" suffix is actually misleading (no symbol table
>    manipulation is going on).

If you read it as short for "internalize" then it seems fairly clear.
Ie. a thing is brought to a canonical or efficient internal form.

Dunno who conceived these functions (was it Marius?) or if that was
what they were meant to stand for, but can always introduce a
retrospective justification :-).

> ->GdkFont, ->GdkColor

If it was up to me I'd leave the current arrangements alone.  They're
not really too terrible, and there's no need for too many departures
from plain vanilla gtk/gdk.