Re: (gnome gtk) et al

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> Ariel! Do check out that url,
> http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/tmp/guile-gobject-0.5.0.tar.gz. It is in
> nice shape, it's ready to release to the world so we can start
> making gtk2 applications from scheme. Just tell me where would be a
> good place to put it and I'll see about importing it into cvs. I
> really want this released because my guile-gstreamer bindings depend
> on it. I want Debian packages for all of this, too -- we need
> official releases for that.

Wow! Excellent work!

I played with it a bit, since I need good glib bindings for a project
of mine. I already have made a bit of progress wrapping GError, but
there is one thing that bit me: Wrapping enums that don't have a GType
ID (such as the ones found in GLib, e.g. GIOStatus).

I think one route to wrap these would be to have h2def.py somehow
realize they don't have a GType ID (don't know if that is feasible)
and as a consequence generate a .def entry without (g-type-id
"foobar"). defs-support.scm could then use plain g-wrap gw:wrap-enum
instead of gobject:gwrap-enum.

Thoughts?

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.