Re: The GTK2 line of development

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> I'm curious about the place of the GTK2 line of development within the
> whole guile-gtk project. It seems that some folks are not interested in
> GTK2 at all -- is this right?

Speaking only for myself, I arrived at the 1.2 branch because I wanted
to write a program, and that stuff was what seemed to work.

But gtk 1.2 is a bit of a dead end unfortunately.  I'd like to see the
main guile-gtk support basically whatever is the current gtk.  Perhaps
with some conditionals to support a few past versions, if that's of
interest and if it's not too hard.

> So we have (gnome gobject),

That's the glib gobject I take it.  Perhaps glib should have an
independent existance (glib glib), (glib gobject), etc.

(But within one project.  I think all in one would be easiest for
development, mainly since I think each higher interface is going to
need to know a good deal about how the lower ones are implemented, and
there's probably a good amount of common stuff anyway.)