Jacal <-> Guile mystery resolved?

Chris Wedgwood <chris@cyphercom.com> writes:

> Jacal still fails all the time.

OK, sorry everybody for all confusion.

As you saw from Aubrey Jaffer's post, the cause of the problem is that
Guile by default makes a distinction between upper- and lowercase
letters in symbols, at the same time as Aubrey uses both `Horner' and
`horner' to refer to the same symbol in his code.  (This is legal in
Scheme.)

This means that my previous suggested workaround `(define horner #f)'
didn't remove the problem.

The solution is to tell Guile to treat upper- and lowercase letters in
symbols the same.  Unfortunately, this is currently only a global
option, which means that the new Jacal hook included below has the
side-effect of turning on case-insensitivity globally.

It is possible to make this option local to modules, but it may take
some times before this is implemented.

So, good luck this time!

And please report any problems which you have.  There is no reason why
Guile, Slib and JACAL shouldn't work smoothly together.

Best regards,
/mdj

jacal.scm (Will only work together with the snapshot produced this
coming night, since I have removed the `array-map!' fix.)
(define-module (jacal)
  :use-module (ice-9 slib)
  :use-module (ice-9 debug))

(read-enable 'case-insensitive)