Re: [Q] automagic define/undefine with dynamic-link/dynamic-unlink

>Suppose the name of the library's entry point function is computed
>from the module name (not the library name).  I'm not convinced that
>modules are renamed often enough that this is a problem.  Any errors
>will be caught early (since you can't use the library at all), and are
>easy to fix.

I am interested in hearing even anecdotal evidence that renaming is
frequent and troublesome.

But I don't think it's worth doing for cleanliness alone.  I've had a
decent amount of experience trying to manage system-dependent code (I
maintained Emacs for three years), and the cute tricks rarely pay off,
because you always end up providing non-cute code anyway.  Someone
contributes it for some random system; it works; how can you say no?