Re: "Magic" Variables?

> This (the active variables) feels like an unschemey way of solving the
> problem.  Jim Blandy once suggested:
>
>   (icon-font font12)
>
> to set the parameter `icon-font' and
>
>   (icon-font)
>
> to get its value.

This sounds like a good interface, and probably more schemey than
active variables. The only thing that bothers me is that general
parameters don't need this active processing, so there end up being
two different ways to get and set things. But I guess this
complication of the configuration language is a smaller cost than
implementing variable traces.

 - Maciej Stachowiak