Re: 'defined?' behaves differently in SCM 4e1 and Guile 1.3a.pre2

I think defined? should be consistent with define and undefine, and
should therefore be syntax, not a procedure. Scheme seems to try
pretty hard to avoid having quoted symbols represent identifiers
(after abortive experiments with things like (set 'x 7)), so (defined?
'x) seems out of place. As for the issue of what its semantics should
be, I think the functionality of both versions is useful. Perhaps
there could be both (defined-in-module? SYM MODULE) and (bound? SYM),
the former a procedure and the latter a special form, although I think
the latter has a bit more claim to the name defined?.

 - Maciej Stachowiak