Re: tselect

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> In my view, the non-blocking I/O isn't necessary
> anylonger when we switch to POSIX threads,

[...]

> This simply means that
> scm_internal_select will become select.
>
> This will of course break the call-back interface I suggested in my
> previous letter---hmm...

No, I realize now that will still work with POSIX threads.

And this is *very* nice because that means that the event broker and
the non-blocking I/O can be implemented on *the same* level...!

Note that the apparent complexity of the `add-select-callback'
interface can be removed if one simply neglects the implementation
details and regard the event broker as a separate entity.

The we should probably call `add-select-callback' something
different.   How about `add-callback'?  ;-)

Best,
/mdj