Re: TAB

> how about a TAB feature in the Guile Shell? That would make it
> easier to find functions. The reference manual does not do this job.

Guile doesn't have this currently (although this reminds me of
something -- if Guile gets a readline-based repl then TAB-completion
should do something more useful than completing on filenames in the
current directory), but it does have an apropos procedure that's even
more useful, if a bit less convenient:

guile> (apropos "car")
the-root-module: set-car!       #<primitive-procedure set-car!>
the-root-module: car    #<primitive-procedure car>
guile> (apropos "thread")
the-root-module: single-active-thread?  #<primitive-procedure single-active-thread?>
the-root-module: join-thread    #<primitive-procedure join-thread>
the-root-module: call-with-new-thread   #<primitive-procedure call-with-new-thread>
threads: begin-thread
threads: make-thread

It would be probably be nice if apropos checked docstrings as well
(perhaps optionally), and if the procedures implemented in C had
docstrings. But apropos is still pretty cool as it is.

 - Maciej Stachowiak