Re: matrix'

Maciej Stachowiak writes:

 > > (define (matrix' m)  [...]

 > Testing this, I was startled to discover that Guile accepts a quote in
 > identifiers. As I read R4RS, (matrix' m) should be equivalent to
 > (matrix (quote m)), not (#{matrix'}# m) [using Guile's #{}# syntax for
 > escaped symbols]. Earlier RnRS reports seem to implicitly assume this,
 > and although R4RS doesn't unambbiguously insist that single quote
 > binds across whitespace, it does definitely insist that lexically, it
 > can't be part of a normal identifier.

I admit to not thinking much about the odd identifier.  It is not
unreasonable to be liberal relative to R4RS with respect to characters
allowed in identifiers. ' is not a <delimiter>, so I don't see that
it must terminate an identifier.

 > Do the maintainers have a different interpretation or is this a bug?

Don't know.  Practically speaking I think it would be easy to change.