Re: garbage collectors

>In an application of computer algebra, Boehm collector becomes instable:
>the way to fix it is either to disable interior pointer recognition or
>to supply information about the presence of pointers in objects,
>for instance using GC_malloc_atomic().

If I understand this correctly, Guile does the latter.  The GC has
full tracing information about all objects in the heap; only the stack
is susceptible to misrecognized pointers.

I don't want to imply that Guile cannot have storage leaks due to the
conservative GC; it certainly can.  But I want it to be clear that
Guile operates very much at the safer end of the conservative GC
spectrum.