more GDBM support for Guile

I've been doing some work to improve Andrew Archibald's GDBM module.
The source on ftp.red-bean.com has fallen out of date with current
Guile sources and requires some tweaking to make it run on non-Linux
systems.  I've added autoconf/libtool support for portability, and
fixed the compatibility bugs that arose between old and new Guile
snapshots.

For the GDBM module to work without relinking the Guile interpreter
against libgdbm.a, GDBM needs to be made a shared library.  I've also
added shared library support to GDBM to make this work.  The changes
have been submitted to the maintainer, but I suspect he's abandoned
the package, so I'm putting up the hacked source myself.

Source for both packages is at <URL: http://www.skepsis.com/~twp/>.

So to get GDBM support into Guile 1.3a now, it should almost suffice
to install the libgdbm shared library and configure and install the
GDBM module.  The catch is that you will still have to do something
like this:

  ln $datadir/gnu/gdbm/libcompiled.so.0.0 $datadir/gnu/gdbm/libcompiled.so

$datadir is your Guile data directory, usually something like
/usr/local/share/guile/1.3a.  This last step is necessary because
Guile does not grok libtool's naming conventions for shared objects;
I'm in the process of fixing that, which should make module
installation almost completely painless.

Please let me know if this doesn't seem to work.  Thanks--

love, T.