Re: manual terminology: `procedure', `function' etc.

| I think that if we keep it down to "procedure", "primitive procedure"
| and "syntax" (or "macro") it will be OK.

I'd be happy with just "procedure" and "syntax".  Whether something is
primitive is just an implementation detail, which can be changed.

The interpreter will tell you more reliably if something is primitive:

guile> read-line
#<procedure read-line args>
guile> %read-line
#<primitive-procedure %read-line>

Does a procedure become primitive if it's compiled?  I seem to
remember that the interpreter would report a "compiled closure"