Re: Behind the scenes of uniform arrays?

Aubrey Jaffer <jaffer@ai.mit.edu> writes:

> Speaking of interoperability, it seems silly to be duplicating a lot
> of work between SCM and GUILE.  At least as of guile-1.2, it looks as
> though non-core source files could work with both.  I am willing to
> change names in SCM.  Does someone want to investigate the costs and
> benefits of becoming compatible?

I moved pretty largish project from SCM to Guile. Apart from prefixing
everything with SCM_, the only two changes needed were workaround for
a bug that got fixed in SCM but not in Guile (I wish I could reproduce
it in less than a few hundred lines of code, otherwise I'd fix it
myself), and a slightly different startup sequence. I'd say they're
still pretty compatible. :)

Also, with debugging turned off, there was no discernible speed
difference between the two.

--
I refuse to use .sig