Re: catch/throw functionality

Vollmer Marius  <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > Are you sure that you don't want me to remove this mechanism?
>
> No, I'm quite indifferent to this issue.  But the code is already
> there and works, so what's the benefit of removing it?  I have never
> seen the code, tho.  I'm not stopping you from removing it.

The benefit is that Guile gets conceptually simpler.  It means that we
can simplify the manual.  It means that it'll be easier to read the
code during debugging.  It means that it'll be easier for other
Schemes, like Kawa, to be compatible with Guile.

Of course, we could simply remove this feature from the manual, but it
would still mean that people could write potentially unportable code.

Since you can accept it and since no-one else has protested I'll
remove this feature now.

Best regards,
/mdj