Re: multiple return values

Help!  As someone who hasn't had years of coding in scheme I have to ask:

What's the significant difference between returning "multiple values" and
returning a list of s-expressions in a manner that the calling function
should be able to decode?

Why's it desireable?  What does it win?  What does it lose?

-Peter

--
A tribute to modern technology (DON'T DO THIS)
  char hang[] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 };