Re: Keywords

>I'd recommend that keywords be standardly postfix, or ambidextrous.
>
>Does anybody have much code that would break if symbols of the
>form foo: were considered keywords rather than variable names?
>
>I'd guess that most instances of symbols of that form are either
>uses in data, where it doesn't matter what the evaluation rule
>is, or uses for macros where keywordness is desired.
>
>I don't really know, though.  Opinions?

I think that per-module syntax, combined with a universally available
(but perhaps clumsy) syntax, ought to give programmers the options
they want, as well as the options they need.  However, I haven't any
experience with systems that support many variant syntaxes.  I'd be
interested to hear others' experiences.