Re: random distribution, line/column numbers

			      Hello all,
Klaus was not clear whether he needs functions to compute probability
distributions (which are not in SLIB AFAIK) or random number
generators which produce numbers with certain probability
distributions (SLIB has uniform, normal, exponential (maybe more)).

Some of the former are in Emacs Calc, so it might be fairly easy
(easier than implementing full Emacs Lisp in Guile ;-) to translate
them to Scheme.
Some of the latter are implemented in libg++, but I'm not sure how to
interface C++ *objects* to Guile (I had a brief look at Bill Nell's
C++ interface, but it seems to provide more C++ functions to use Guile
than the other way round).

netlib has both distribution functions and RNGs (but mostly in
Fortran), Stephen Moshier's cephes library (in C) might be interfaced
to guile.  Other possibilities include Numerical Recipes, the various
GNU math libraries (gnussl, gsl) and maybe Lisp code.

As for the line/column numbering, are there any plans to implement the
analogue of #line in Guile?
I am planning to use Guile in a literate program, where code is
extracted from a document and it would be useful if error messages
would refer to the source, but I imagine that it would also be useful
in the context of source translators, compilers, etc.
(And you could change the line numbering to your taste 0-based,
1-based by inserting ;;#line 0 ;-)

best regards
Roland