guile startup speed and cvs distribution?

two questions:

1) I imagine this has come before, but it seems to me that guile is
   not very fast at starting up.  On my Sun Ultra 1 workstation
   guile-971030 takes a good noticeable moment to prompt me, whereas
   with scheme48 and scm the prompts come up almost immediately.  This
   also slows down the startup of scwm.  On my little i486 Linux
   notebook at home: it takes a good number of seconds for guile-1.2
   to startup interactively, and scwm-0.5 takes ages. :-(

2) Has the idea of distributing the guile devel source by CVS been
   considered already?  Is it not so for security reasons?  As most of
   you know there are quite a lot of open source projects on the net
   now with (read-only) cvs distribution (eg XEmacs and GNOME to
   mention two), and I thought it would be to Guile's advantage to
   also do this.  Doing a "cvs update" is IMHO considerably easier
   than downloading a snapshot, untar'ing, and changing symlinks.

Thanks,
--
Jens	<http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~petersen/>
---