Compiling Guile on NextStep 3.3

Hello the Guile community,

    I tried to compile Guile 1.2 on my NeXTStation running NS3.3. The Make
    process halted at some posix.c files. Has anybody sucessfuly compiled
    Guile on a NS3.3? Please shed me some light.

    If this posix.c is just POSIX system call library, I think I can
    live without POSIX. Can I just skip this module and have a simple
    Guile interpreter and c library?

    Any hint will be helpful. Thank you very much.