Re: Selectable Garbage Collection?

John Tobey <jtobey@channel1.com> writes:

> Better (IMHO) to leave the "high level" gh_ interface the same and
> have each gh_ function call a get_specific() in order to obtain the

Yeah, that is feasible.  And there may be other solutions as well.

Anyway, we're still far from getting this to work.  E.g., one of the
critical sections I referred to in my previous letter is the mark and
sweep phases themselves...  It will require quite a lot of changes to
the garbage collector to prevent evaluation during GC in a
preemptively threaded system (but it is possible---I have a solution
which I believe is OK).

/mdj