Re: port-line and port-column

> This suggestion has been adopted and will be present in the snapshot
> of tomorrow.

Thanks!  But while we're at it, can we fix the parameter order of
set-port-column! and set-port-line!, please?

 - primitive: set-port-column! [INPUT-PORT] COLUMN
 - primitive: set-port-line! [INPUT-PORT] LINE
     Set the current column or line number of INPUT-PORT, using the
     current input port if none is specified.

The optional port argument should come *last*, not *first*.

All the standard port procedures have the optional port argument
come last.  It is inconsistent for these two procedures to be
different.

Furthermore, most designs for optional procedure parameter (including
DSSSL, Common Lisp, and Emacs Lisp) allow you to specify optional
parameters that follow the required parameters, but if you want
an optional parameter before the required parameters, you have to
extract it yourself.  Designing a procedure where the optional
paramater comes first seems like the wrong thing to do.

I expect few people are using set-port-line! and set-port-column!,
and no-one uses them heavily, so let's fix this now.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner