Is libguile.so.2 from guile-1.2 compatible w/one from 1.3snap?

 Is the libguile.so.2 from guile-1.2 supposed to be fully compatible
with the one in the 1.3 snapshots?  Or would it be good to bump the
version number?

 I'm package building, and am wondering if it will break peoples
programs to replace the 1.2 libguile with an experimental snapshot
one?

 Or should I make installation of the two versions of the packages
mutually exclusive?