Misc stuff

Hello. A couple of misc issues:

Is there, or is anyone doing, a CGI module for guile? IMO, the real reason
people use perl for CGI and suchlike stuff is that it has such a number of
really high level modules. I'd like to see the same for guile.

Why aren't there bindings for IPC in guile? Shared mem and semaphores might
be useful at times.

Why don't my signal handlers work when a signal is received during accept?
If I first wait for a connection request with select, everything works. And
is there some reason there is no binding for sigprocmask?

What exactly are structures for? When one wants types that represent custom
C code objects, one creates custom smobs. And structures are a bit
cumbersome just to make custom opaque types in scheme code. A simpler
wrapper to custom smobs would be nice.

And relating to this, is there any way of creating custom objects that can
be also called as functions? Besides the obvious, tampering with eval/apply,
of course..

How do I do (or simulate) dynamic scoping? This came first to mind,
but somehow this doesn't feel like the ideal solution..

(define dynlambda
  (procedure->syntax
   (lambda (exp env)
     (procedure->syntax
      (lambda (exp2 env2)
	(apply (local-eval (cons 'lambda (cdr exp)) env2)
	       (cdr exp2)))))))

That's about all for now.. Thanks for any replies.

Lauri Alanko
la@iki.fi