Re: scmconfig.h: Why `#undef HAVE_DLOPEN' when `#define HAVE_LIBDL'?

karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  I'm confused as to why `scmconfig.h' (which I know is generated by
> the autoconf system), says `#undef HAVE_DLOPEN' while it says `#define
> HAVE_LIBDL' and `#define DYNAMIC_LINKING 1'?

This is due to the way the configure tests are made in configure.in.

Looking at how the only place in the libguile source which uses this
variable we can conclude that this was intended:

dynl.c:234:#if defined (HAVE_LIBDL) || defined (HAVE_DLOPEN)

However, since scmconfig.h will be an include file in the user's
application, this is not very good.  It can also lead to mistakes when
people not aware of this are hacking the code.  I'm going to change
this now.  The change will turn up in tomorrow's snapshot (if it is
generated...).

/mdj