Re: readers/translators and ffi

>>>>> "julian" == julian gosnell <julian.gosnell@nomura.co.uk> writes:

    julian> I have a program which I use constantly which comprises a
    julian> small LISP interpreter, some C/C++ builtins and a large
    julian> amount of the afore-mentioned small LISP.

 What does it do?  What is it?

    julian> 1) how do I write this reader/translator, do I need to
    julian> produce a lexer for my language like the one in ctax. This
    julian> seems like overkill, as I really only need to convert
    julian> e.g. :

 I can't answer your question... but I do know that `bigloo' comes
with a lexer and parser kit that should prove instructional and
useful.

    julian> 2) is there a Guile CLX (native X interface) - or do I
    julian> need an FFI to bind libX11 into my image - is the FFI up
    julian> to this ?, or do I need to write a complete set of
    julian> builtins in C and then link my own interpreter to them
    julian> (I'd like to avoid this final solution, as it is a lot
    julian> less flexible).

 The `elk' scheme has X11 bindings.  I think it does xlib, athena, and
motif.  Perhaps that could be used as a base or example of how it can
be done in guile?

--
a billion Lines of code to read...