Re: tiny-clos for guile (latest snapshot)

Russ> julian.gosnell@nomura.co.uk writes:
>> I've quickly come to the conclusion that I need OO in the stuff I'm playing
>> with.
>> I've been to the Scheme repository and settled on tiny-clos for various reasons.
>> Has anyone else already been through this ?

Russ> I would guess not.

There is a port in the guile ftp archives at red-bean. It is however
called `stklos' since it takes tiny-clos and builds something that
should be able to run STk programs (at least wrt. the Tk interface).

It was done by Bernhard Urban (I think).

As said in my previous mail, I am working on a more usable version of
this without all the Tk stuff, but with some of the usefull macros,
such as define-class. Stay tuned.

Russ> there have been rumblings about getting the object system from STk ported
Russ> to Guile.  i don't have the latest status on this work, though.

Probably would be the way to go in the longer run. Not completely
trivial though (been there, looked at it, not successfull :-). I
think, if I am to try again, that I will try to persuade the author of
STk to change the implementation such that it can be taken directly
into guile. Would make life a lot easier for many of us.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)