Re: CLOS-style MOP for Guile ?

Jules Gosnell writes:
  > Is there a decent CLOS-style MOP for Guile yet.
  >
  > I just had a quick try at tiny-clos. It doesn't work out of the box (so
  > far I've noticed that you need to explicitly put the .scm on files to
  > 'load', and 'sort' is either missing, not meant to be there or in
  > another package somewhere.
  >
  > Before I continue I thought I'd ask.
  >
  > Jules

As I have already promised a looooooooong time ago, I'm volunteer to port
STklos on Guile, if there is always an interest in that (it seems so :).
I have not gave up on this port project; it is just that it took me nearly
two years to have a new version for STk and I have put it higher on my
priorities ;-)

Now that I have a new release of STk which is ready, I will start the port
soon (probably in a week). The problem is that I have not looked at the code
of Guile and don't know how it is organized. Consequently, I don't know when
it will be ready for testing. I will probably need help from the Guile
developers for starting and in particular I need to know if there is already
some support from guile for OO extensions.

A bientot

		-- Erick