Re: CLOS-style MOP for Guile ?

Erick Gallesio <eg@kaolin.unice.fr> writes:

> As I have already promised a looooooooong time ago, I'm volunteer to port
> STklos on Guile, if there is always an interest in that (it seems so :).
> I have not gave up on this port project; it is just that it took me nearly
> two years to have a new version for STk and I have put it higher on my
> priorities ;-)
>
> Now that I have a new release of STk which is ready, I will start the port
> soon (probably in a week).

Wonderful!  I have had the plan to do it myself (also for a looooong
time), but I have had very much else to do.

> The problem is that I have not looked at the code
> of Guile and don't know how it is organized. Consequently, I don't know when
> it will be ready for testing. I will probably need help from the Guile
> developers for starting and in particular I need to know if there is already
> some support from guile for OO extensions.

Within a week I'd be happy to help you.  I have made a first
approximation of a port of STk-3.1 which compiles, but there are many
parts of it that aren't finished.

(Yes, there is some limited support for OO in the interpreter.  I
 realized that I needed that when I started porting STk so I added
 it.)

Best regards,
/mdj