Re: guile-gtk gets overhaul

Hi,

thanks a lot ! I recently downloaded GTK+-1.0 and ever since I've been
trying to resuscitate guile-gtk ... without success.

I built guile-gtk-19980427 ok, except that configure contains two instances
of 'test -e' which my machine (uname -a: SunOS zeus.cs.purdue.edu 5.5.1
Generic_103640-14 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5) didn't like; it
complains 'test: argument expected'. It might be more an Autoconf problem,
though.

One suggestion: it would be nice to have gtk_events_pending in gtk.defs,
(define-func gtk_events_pending
  int
  ())
so that one can define in gtk.scm
(define-public (gtk-update)
  (if (> (gtk-events-pending) 0)
      (begin
	(gtk-main-iteration)
	(gtk-update))))
which sets an end to the question 'How do I update my windows from within a
callback'. I found that very handy.

Gruesse,
David