Re: guile-gtk gets overhaul

lutterdc@cs.purdue.edu (David Lutterkort) writes:

> I built guile-gtk-19980427 ok, except that configure contains two instances
> of 'test -e' which my machine (uname -a: SunOS zeus.cs.purdue.edu 5.5.1
> Generic_103640-14 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5) didn't like;

Yes, just changing `test -e' to `test -f' should solve this.  This is
happening all the time to me: whenever I read up on some program or
function I invariably choose to use GNU extensions (without knowing
it) that immediatly fail on non-GNU systems.  Strange that the most
useful features are more often than not GNU extensions...

> One suggestion: it would be nice to have gtk_events_pending in gtk.defs,
> (define-func gtk_events_pending
>   int
>   ())
> so that one can define in gtk.scm
> (define-public (gtk-update)
>   (if (> (gtk-events-pending) 0)
>       (begin
> 	(gtk-main-iteration)
> 	(gtk-update))))
> which sets an end to the question 'How do I update my windows from within a
> callback'. I found that very handy.

Yes, of course, no problem.  Many thanks for this suggestion!