[ANN] gtk-du: show directory sizes in GUI

Hi,

first, apologies if this is not the right forum for these announcements,
but since this is the first time I release something under the GPL, I'm not
that conversant about appropriate customs...

I have written a little tool that mimicks similar programs I've seen in
the Windows and OS/2 world. It is written in GUILE (a really cool
tool). Without further ado, here's the start of the README:

This is gtk-du, v0.5, a utility that helps you to get an overview of the
sizes of directories and to clean them up by supplying a suitable GUI.

The latest version can be obtained from

	http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/lutterdc/software/index.html

What gtk-du is
--------------
gtk-du combines the functionality of the UNIX utilities du and rm and eases
the task of cleaning up directories.

I get really annoyed every time I have to clean up my directories, since I
find myself in the endless loop of du, rm, cd, du, rm, du ... Typically, I
du each directory several times, since I forgot how big things are in
there.

To avoid this, gtk-du reads and caches the sizes of all directories
starting at a certain directory, displays them in a nice GUI and lets the
user navigate the directory tree with the mouse. The really courageous user
can even remove a whole directory and its subdirectories.

David

---
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him walk on it. - Gary Larson
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.    - Dorothy Parker