adding widgets to guile-gtk

I am looking at guile-gtk-19980504 with an eye to adding a couple of new
widgets to it.

I would like to package my widgets and the guile-mywidget glue file into
a library that can be dynamically loaded into a guile interpreter on
demand and used just like the gtk widgets (but in a different package).

I managed to persuade Guile to compile with dynamic loading supported.

I had to relink libguilegtk.so with -R<some path> -lgtk -lgdk -lglib
-R<another path> -lXext -lX11, so that when it is dynamically loaded
into guile the symbols it references may be resolved. On my system
(Solaris) you can use ldd to see which libraries a shared library
depends upon.

I have managed to compile my widgets into a new library, but was put off
when I tried to figure out how guile-gtk is configured to do :

./build-guile-gtk.in glue gtk.defs >tmpt && mv tmpt gtk-glue.c

Am I following the correct path ?

Is there anything you can tell me to make my life easier ?

Has anyone else done this ?

Thanks for your time,

Jules