Re: build-guile [fwd: g-wrap-0.3.9 configure problem]

    Mikael> With time people gain experience with Guile and start to
    Mikael> help others.  Already people like Maciej Stachowiak, Karl
    Mikael> M. Hegbloom, and now you yourself :-), do a good job
    Mikael> supporting others.

 I plan to try and fully understand how Guile works over the next 6
 months to a year or so...  I don't know how long it will really take.
 It's not the only thing I do during my copious spare time.

 I will try and keep the Debian GNU/Linux packages of the Guile-1.3
 snapshots up-to-date and functional.  I plan to budget one day every
 week or two for it.  I've a lot of study to do, and cannot spend a
 whole lot of time on guile right now.

    Mikael> configure also has an option which you can use to specify
    Mikael> where things should be installed, e.g.:

    Mikael>   configure --prefix=/home/mdj

    Mikael> tells the Makefiles that things should go into

    Mikael>   /home/mdj/bin /home/mdj/include /home/mdj/lib
    Mikael>   /home/mdj/share etc

    Mikael> during installation.

 That's how the Debian package is done.  If you look on
 ftp.debian.org, and browse in the unstable/source/interpreters, you
 can get ahold of my packaging `rules' and scripts.  They are in the
 diff.gz file.