Re: using both Guile 1.2 and 1.3?

"Steven G. Johnson" <stevenj@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I approve of the new function names in Guile 1.3 (e.g. gh_list_length ->
> gh_length), but they make it difficult for me to support both Guile
> versions.

I use the regular features of autoconf to deal with different versions
of Guile.  I do not check for a particular version number but rather
test with AC_CHECK_FUNCS, etc whether certain features are available.
This will define macros like HAVE_GH_LENGTH when the gh_length
function is there.

This works for C code only.  I don't have yet done this for Scheme
code, but maybe `defined?' can help there.