Re: using both Guile 1.2 and 1.3?

Hi Steven,

If you are using the gh_ interface, I think you should really use 1.3.
It was still experimental in 1.2, and has been cleaned up and is
closer to its final form in 1.3.

I'm surprised you are having problems building.  Would you like to
correspond with me giving me your "configure" and "make" output, as
well as your config.log file?

    Steven> difficult for me to support both Guile versions.  Is there
    Steven> a preprocessor symbol I can use to see if I am compiling
    Steven> with Guile 1.3?

If you use autoconf, you could do a simple autoconf test, which would
then define a preprocessor symbol with the version.

    Steven> (Maybe the Guile developers should consider #define'ing
    Steven> the old symbols to the new symbols in Guile 1.3, so that
    Steven> older programs aren't gratuitously broken.)

I would have considered that if the gh_ interface had been somehow
branded in 1.2, but it really wasn't.  I will certainly worry about
compatibility problems from 1.3 on.