Re: build-guile [fwd: g-wrap-0.3.9 configure problem]

;  I plan to try and fully understand how Guile works over the next 6
;  months to a year or so...  I don't know how long it will really take.
;  It's not the only thing I do during my copious spare time.
;
;  I will try and keep the Debian GNU/Linux packages of the Guile-1.3
;  snapshots up-to-date and functional.  I plan to budget one day every
;  week or two for it.  I've a lot of study to do, and cannot spend a
;  whole lot of time on guile right now.

I think a debian package of guile is a good idea --- but do we really
want the latest unstable snapshots packaged as debian packages?  A few
other free software projects distribute snapshots, but ask people to
keep quiet about them so the software won't get a reputation as
unstable.  As I understand it, a debian package is designed to make
the software easy to install --- i.e., not intended for developers.

OTOH, if the API has changed incompatibly, maybe it's not a good idea
to keep perpetuating the old version.

Thanks for making the packages, though --- simple installation is a
definite plus.

Andrew
aarchiba@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca

BTW, are typical debian packages compatible with "stow"?