Re: build-guile [fwd: g-wrap-0.3.9 configure problem]

; As it is now, however, the most bug-free version of Guile hitherto was
; probably the snapshot before last night.
;
; The coming days, we'll hopefully see some deterioration of stability,
; tho.  >-)

This is progress.  Isn't CS great? :).

; > As I understand it, a debian package is designed to make the
; > software easy to install --- i.e., not intended for developers.
;
; Maybe it would be possible to have two debian packages?  One for the
; peasants and one for the brave?

I guess my point was that the brave don't mind

# (aclocal && automake && autoconf && ./configure && make &&
make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/guile-core-19980424 &&
cd /usr/local/stow && stow guile-core-19980424) > error_log

and you won't have to worry about peasants who think they're brave but
aren't if you don't make an unstable debian package.

(BTW, does automake generate make -j compatible makefiles?)

Andrew
aarchiba@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca