questions?

1. The Emacs interface that was recently included in the snapshot
obviously needs some Emacs-side support.  What would that be?  Also,
is there a way to disable the readline support short of activating the
Emacs support or hacking boot-9.scm?  'Cause I was perfectly
comfortable in Ilisp, but the above two new things mess it up (would
be great to check (isatty? (current-output-port)) before turning on
readline, for example :).

2. There are some things Guile needs.  Just off the top of my head, we
need a better module system.  I remember discussions about it on this
list.  I'm sure some of the maintainers has a preliminary design or a
sketch lying somewhere, accumulating dust till the said maintainer has
more time (fat chance of that, it seems!).  I'd probably take a stab
at it if I were sure I'm not making some terrible design errors.  I'm
sure seeing the design or whatever that was aggried apon by the
maintainers would help a lot, as I'm clearly not seeing the whole
picture (don't know a thing about dynamic linking, for instance).  If
I actually implement something, the maintainers are always free to
reject it.  So why not publicize the design?

3. My two little patches were ignored (q.scm queue exhaustion fix and
r5rs multiple values).  Am I such a bad netizen, or is it just that
nobody cares about these things?

4. Yup, I know, nobody's got the time...

g'night,
mike.