Re: emacs with guile instead of elisp

; unexec is general enough to dump whatever we load into Emacs.  We
; would surely not stop using unexec in Emacs, just because of replacing
; the Lisp interpreter.

Unexec has at least one limitation that makes it difficult to use with
guile.  It requires the entire heap image to be statically linked.
This is a problem when the standard way to add compiled C code to
guile is by creating a dynamically linked module.  New C code needs to
be written in every such module if it is to be unexeced.  Also, the
user needs to write a new main() which calls any initialization proc e
needs.

Andrew
aarchiba@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca