Re: Probem installing Guile

Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire@trace.com.tw> writes:

> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> create executables.
>
> Looking at the config.log file I have the following messages:
>
> configure:918: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> configure:932: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> ld: cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 928 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> main(){return(0);}
>

> Actualy I can compile the kernel, in the other hand doing gcc -o test.c
> gave me the same error.
>
> Help welcome

This doesn't look as a problem in Guile.  It seems that your C
compiler cannot create executables.  Please contact your system
administrator and ask why gcc doesn't work.

If you have an alternative compiler which works, let's say `cc', you
can put CC=cc in front of the configure command:

  CC=cc configure ...

/mdj