Re: primitive documentation conventions

JB> Ahh.  You mean that Emacs would just be one consumer of the
JB> docstrings, and that other consumers would exist?  Sure, I'll buy
JB> that.  I'd love to have Guile docstrings pop up when I hit C-h f
JB> in a Scheme buffer.

I'm not talking about Emacs as a consumer, no.  Although if there
was Emacs docstring parsing code, it would probably make sense to use
it all the time.

I'm saying that in order to do DocBook at all, you need to have a lot
of infrastructure (DTDs, Jade, stylesheets), and that users won't have
it.  This implies that the DocBook source will need to be preprocessed
for the users, much like Texinfo is preprocessed into Info.  So long
as there is preprocessing going on, there's no point in minimizing the
number of required tools.