Re: difficulty of writing translators

Mark Galassi <rosalia@cygnus.com> writes:

> Rush's author admitted to me that Rush was really vaporware and that
> he wished RMS had not picked up on it so much.  Rush was the reason
> RMS promised Tcl-on-top-of-Guile.

Ah.  Not that it's particularly relevant: the tradeoffs made for
Tcl7.* might well be quite different to those sensible for Tcl8.*; it
might well be worth starting from scratch, even if Rush had existed.

In any case, I suspect writing translators isn't the priority, while
there are relatively few applications using guile.  (Or rather,
relatively few applications using *only* guile: if I want to program
Gimp, I have a choice of languages.)