Re: difficulty of writing translators

> > I agree that using the value as the first parameter is easier.  But
> > CLtL2 says on pages 146:
>
> (That is page 138 in my edition.)

And now we know why everyone's scripting their web sites with Perl:
too many language laywers in the Lisp camp.  :)

Having expressions yield lvalues is okay if you can distinguish
lvalues and rvalues trivially, as you can in C.  Going any farther
seems like asking for trouble (which never stops Perl).

I'm not really comfortable adding lvalues to Guile, in the way John
proposes, for pretty much the reason he mentions: it wouldn't really
be Scheme any more.