Re: SMOBs (was: Re: mildly incompatible change)

> Well, only those types ("tags" I guess you'd say) with a non-NULL
> (*call) member would be callable.  Are you suggesting that foreign
> functions should be something other than smobs altogether?

Not exactly --- I'm saying that I'm not keen on having objects whose
primary purpose is something other than representing a function be
callable as if it were a function.

So, for example, if you had some smobs that were callable, and other
smobs that served other purposes, and the two were distinct, that
would be cool.

This is not something I'm going to be dogmatic about, though.  If
someone contributed a patch to make smobs callable that was clean,
fast, and didn't break existing code, I'd accept it.