Re: G-wrap to help with translations

Thanks --- there are a lot of helpful comments in here.

SCM should probably not remain an integer type.  It seems to be
causing people too many problems.

gh_scm2int should have printed an error, not segfaulted.  Can you send
me more info, so I can make this happen on my machine and fix it?

> And along the lines of other posts, I find it a bit unfortunate that
> every user-interface related variable needs two forms -- the (set!
> var initial-value) form for the initialization file, and then (at
> run-time) a (set-var! new-value) form so that the C code can handle
> the user-interface "side-effects".

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.  Why can't people just
use the set-var! form in the init files?

Yes, gh_set is missing.  The new module system, working name `Godot',
will fix that.

> But on the whole, I'm very happy so far with the result -- you guys
> have done a great job!

Thanks!