Re: SMOBs (was: Re: mildly incompatible change)

Jim Blandy recently wrote:

>   The destructor model I really like is Dybvig's Guardians:
>
>       @inproceedings{Dybvig:guardians,
>       author = {R. Kent Dybvig and Carl Bruggeman and David Eby},
>       title = {Guardians in a generation-based garbage collector},
>       booktitle = p:pldi93,
>       pages = "207-216",
>       month = jun,
>       year = 1993,
>       annote = {Introduces guardians and describes the implementation of
>       guardians and weak pairs in Chez Scheme.}}
>
>   (I wish I could find on-line PostScript, but I can't.)

Try the Scheme Repository at U of Indiana:

	http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/home.html

in the on-line documentation section; publications sub-section:

	http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/doc.publications.html

as

	ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository/doc/pubs/guardians.ps.gz

Hope this helps....

	-jbb