Module editing; debugging with gdb

Two pretty unrelated questions -- both things I'd like to do differently
and better, though!

1) Often when I'm working with our Scwm modules, I'd like to test a
change to a procedure defined in the module w/o restarting scwm/guile.
What is the best way to do this?  Should I edit the module and then
re-evaluate a (use-modules ... ) declaration?  Is there any way to give
use-modules an explicit filename (since I do not want to overwrite the
module.scm file in the installed place until I've tested my change)?

2) Debugging scheme objects from within GDB is pretty painful.  I see
the gdbint files under libguile, but am not sure how to use them.  Could
someone with experience debugging Scheme objects under GDB explain their
setup, techniques, and maybe post example interactions?

Any help is appreciated greatly!

Thanks,
Greg