Re: Guile + Postgres

> On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 07:46:51PM -0400, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > dtillman@cannonexpress.com writes:
> > >    Is anyone aware of any Guile + Postgres interfaces?
> > >    Something like (query connection "select * from address")?
> >
> > I'm not sure if it exists for Postgres specifically, but I do know
> > that people have come up with similar interfaces for some other
> > databases. You may want to check out the Guile contrib archive at
> > ftp://ftp.red-bean.com/pub/guile/contrib
>
> Going one step further - has anyone gotten a database interface and
> guile-gtk to work together?

Yes, I have. I built a DB  frontend using squile and (use-modules (gtk
gtk)) on Debian/GNU Linux.  It works fine.

Though squile is not a module at this time, it is not so hard to make it
dynamically loadable using Marius' dynamically loadable module interfaces.
--
Eko Fajar N.
mailto: eko@c.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp